You can also binge on the benefits of shrooms before you get sick, as a potential preventative. This vegan spread is perfect on organic spelt sourdough, crackers or as a dip with veggies. With ginger, garlic, onion, lemon and mighty mushrooms of course, this pâté packs a punch of immune benefits.
· 2 cups mixed mushrooms (like cremini and shiitake), sliced and any tough stems removed
· 1 cup walnuts
· 1 cup red onion, chopped
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
· 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp white wine vinegar
· 1 tsp lemon juice
· 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
· 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
· ¾ tsp ground coriander
· 1 tsp sea salt
· ¼ tsp black pepper
· ½ cup parsley
· 2 tbsp coconut aminos
· 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Gently toss mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, coriander, coconut aminos, salt and pepper until well coated.
3. Place on a parchment lined baking tray.
4. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, tossing once halfway until tender.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Meanwhile, place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Combine roast mushrooms, toasted walnuts, red onion, ginger, parsley, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and nutritional yeast (if using) together in a food processor and pulse until chunky yet spreadable.
8. Serve fresh or store in the fridge until ready