Sometimes you want to bake a cake but there just isn't any eggs in the home. What to do?! I'll admit this is where I would normally just walk away and try again another time, but there is an option!
– 80g Rapadura
– 180g raw honey
– 110g water
– 125g butter or coconut oil
– 200g spelt flour (wholemeal or plain or mixed) or gluten free SR flour
– 3 tspns baking powder (leave out if using self-raising flour)
– 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
– 3 tspns ground ginger
– 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (or other spice)
1. Add all wet ingredients into a pot and melt until combined.
2. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Pour into baking paper-lined cake tin, or small rectangular pan. Bake in moderate oven about 30 mins, or until cooked through.
Picture and recipe source: https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/2009/04/gingerbread-cake-eggless/